We’ve got a fix that should address the disappearing puddles that some players are experiencing since the new patch. Please let us know if this fixes the issue for you! If it doesn’t then please give as much details about PC specifications as possible.
Disclaimer: The following steps are not for the novice user. Do this at your own risk! Make a backup of any files you edit! Any users that have previously swaped the ‘WorkerMapCore.xml’ file should undo their changes.
- Open Windows Explorer and Navigate to ‘My Documents\My Games\FormulaOne\hardwaresettings’.
You can do this by pressing the windows key and ‘e’ or by going to ‘Start’ and then selecting ‘My Computer’.
- Right-click on ‘hardware_settings_config.xml’ and select ‘Open With’ and then ‘Wordpad’.
- On the penultimate line (before ‘</hardware_settings_config>’) add the line ‘<track_info_system type=”gpu” />’.
So your last two lines should read:
<track_info_system type=”gpu” />
- Click ‘File’ and then ‘Save’.
- If you get the following warning ‘You are about to save the document in a Text-Only format, which will remove all formatting. Are you sure you want to do this?’ then select ‘Yes’.