I’m receiving ‘Origin not installed’ when I try to launch Battlefield 3, but it is installed. What should I do?
This could happen if you are installing Origin in one location (C:) and then moving it to another directory which would break your registry key, or if you your permissions/programs set up in a way that Origin cannot write to your registry or register itself. This could also be a Battlelog compatibility issue with your browsers.
To fix this issue, please close the Origin client and follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- In Windows 7, press the start button, type regedit, and press Enter.
- In Windows Vista, press the start button, type regedit, and press Enter.
- In Windows XP, press Start > Run (WINKEY + R) and type regedit and press Enter.
Open the folder HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\origin\shell\open\command.
The (default) key should be set to the Origin executable, like so:
If not, you will need to fix it by reinstalling Origin.
- Click start
- Click or type Run
- Type cmd ( a black screen appears)
- Type cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin” assuming you have win7/vista x64 installed, otherwise type cd “C:\Program Files\Origin” (NOTE: The quotation marks are important )
- Path is now changed to the origin directory. It will sayC:\Program Files (x86)\Origin>
- Type origin.exe /Register
- Start Origin
This should prevent your Registry Cleaning software from interfering with Origin’s functionality in the future