If you receive a “We could not activate Battlefield 3 on this computer using the Origin account you provided” or “The product key entered cannot be used to activate the game” error message when trying to launch or play Battlefield 3 on your computer, try either of the steps below.
“Unable to Activate Battlefield 3″ through Origin error:
- Click on the cog wheel icon and select “Refresh my Games”.
- After refreshing, please restart the Origin Client.
- You should be able to launch Battlefield 3.
- Open Computer from the Start menu and go to: C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License **Program Data may be a hidden folder on your machine**
- Delete either 71067.dlf or 71069.dlf (depending on if you have Limited Edition or Standard)
- Reboot your machine.
- Launch Origin.
- Try to launch BF3.
- Exit Origin completely. You can do this by right-clicking Origin in your system tray (near the clock) and selecting “Exit.”
- Open Internet Explorer (this will only work with Internet Explorer, not other browsers). Enter the following address into your address bar C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache and press “Enter/Return.”
- Delete the files in this directory
- Restart your machine.
- Launch Origin and login to your Origin account.
- Attempt to launch Battlefield 3.